A workplace trainer/assessor delivers training within your specific industry area and/or subject matter expertise and conducts competency-based assessments in a range of contexts. Trainer/assessor roles can involve “on-the-job” instruction, coaching and mentoring, delivery of Vocational Education Training (VET) in TAFE or similar environment in private Registered Training Organisations (RTO’s).
This nationally recognised training course ‘Certificate IV in Training and Assessment TAE40110′ (also known as “TAE”) is the new industry benchmark for anyone who wants to become a skilled workplace trainer or gain employment within the Vocational Education and Training sector (VET). This qualification supersedes the old TAA40104 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment, which replaced the earlier BSZ40198 Certificate IV in Training and Assessment.
The Cert IV in Training and Assessment (TAE40110) is made up of 7 core units and 3 elective units – a total of 10 units of competency. These units of competency cover a number of fields of expertise. A competent workplace trainer / assessor:
- Understands the environment in which learning occurs, fostering and promoting an inclusive culture and ensuring a safe learning environment
- Knows how to design learning to meet client needs
- Delivers training and facilitates learning and learners
- Assesses learning outcomes
Our course is delivered over 10 days face to face training (with a small amount of homework) or we have Distance Learning methods available (download Course Brochure for further information). You will gain the skills to:
- Design and develop training and learning programs for the workplace
- Develop Assessment tools to determine employee competence
- Facilitate individual and group-based learning
Who should do this course?
This qualification is a prerequisite to obtain employment as a skilled trainer and assessor in the workplace or work within the VET sector. Additionally with this nationally recognised qualification (TAE40110), you can work as a training officer, trainer, facilitator or assessor in a Registered Training Organisation (RTO).
What will you learn?
This is a Nationally Recognised qualification. There are 10 units of competency. Delivery has been arranged into three modules:
Designing Learning Module – (3 day Workshop)
- TAEDES401A – Design & develop learning programs
- TAEDES402A – Use training packages and accredited courses to meet client needs
Delivery Training Module – 4 day workshop)
- TAEDEL301A – Provide work skill instruction
- TAEDEL401A – Plan, organise and deliver groupbased
- TAEDEL402A – Plan, organise and facilitate learning
in the workplace
- BSBCMM401A – Make a presentation
Workplace Assessment Module – (3 day workshop)
- TAEASS301A – Contribute to assessment
- TAEASS401A – Plan assessment activities and processes
- TAEASS402A – Assess competence
- TAEASS403A – Participate in assessment validation
Do you already have the old TAA40104 qualification?
Upgrade to the new TAE40110 from just $200.oo.
Already have teaching experience?
If you have teaching experience, and/or hold a Certificate III or higher qualification, you will be able to use RPL for part of this course.
- Ring Us today – 0423 597 744 - to discuss your options
- or Contact Us
There are no formal prerequisites for this course.
Public Course Locations & Cost
Our public courses take place throughout the year in Brisbane, Gold Coast and Logan. Most courses are scheduled for delivery at Alibi Training Head Office – 4 Belmore Drive, Rochedale South 4123.
(See our Calendar for Public Course Dates)
- Cost – 10 day (Face-to-face) Course – $1470.oo (inc GST) per participant
- Payment can be made by credit card online, click on – Book Course Online or over the phone, internet banking or cash.
Alibi Training can deliver any of our courses exclusively for your team as a ‘Group Booking’, we understand if you don’t want to attend a public training course, especially businesses with large employee numbers requiring training. We come to you! (Training at your location on a day and time that best suits your needs).
We will always tailor the delivery of your In-house Training to ensure it is relevant to your team and targeted at your learning goals. We can incorporate your company’s examples and terminology, to ensure the training can be directly related back to your workplace.
We charge for our time rather than on a per head basis. From a learning perspective, the ideal group size is limited to 8, however we often deliver to larger groups if requested, (additional charges may apply).
Tell us your location and the number of participants, and we will provide you with quote to deliver this course in-house.
Cost provided is inclusive of all resources / materials and GST
NOTE – All conference facilities, equipment, travel, food and accomodation costs are the financial responsibility of the client
To book this course for in-house training CONTACT US or Call us Today – 0423 597 744
Upcoming Public Course Start Dates
- 15 – 19 April 2013 (Week one) & 29 April – 3 May 2013 (week two)
- 8 – 12 July 2013 (week 1) & 22 – 26 July 2013 (week 2)